Name:

Your very own free Akashvani. (Whether u like it or not!)
MY MUST DO Master List

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Business as Usual

Just another day here. Spoke to most of the people on my "call-more-often-list". Today's THE day for my best friend. Since its 10:30pm here, => 8:30AM May 1oth in India, he is officially DONE marrying his bride once again!! The mandapa wedding mahurata is a lil later (around 10-10:40AM) but the temple mahurata was much earlier. Exciting day (and life) ahead for them. Wish you both all the best once again!

Soon they will have lots of babies... and fyi, I have already committed to visiting them for each kids birthday, every single one ...(what can I say RR drives a hard bargain!)..cant wait for the news!

Meanwhile, got a surprise good news from an old friend..a new family member joins them in just a couple of months! Congrats !!!

PY and I realised today that soon we are going to be heading out in totally different directions...but due to the nature of our work, surely our paths will cross again. (I hope so) Ive learnt a lot over the years from him (hopefully he feels the same) Good Luck PY in everything you do, everywhere u go.. ur hard work, discipline and attention to detail will take you eons ahead of everyone else.

Where one ends up in life is largely dependent on the choices we make. Ironically, the ones we make earlier on, when we are less experienced, affect us more than the ones we make later on, as we ripen and wisen up with old age. Some mistakes are easily reversible and some.. we have to live with for the r.o.o.l. Aptly end on this note:

(my favorite poem by RF)

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth.

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same.

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

-- RF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home